Saturday, August 16, 2008

Human-centric

I just read a really cool story called Clockwork Chickadee by Mary Robinette Kowal, and I realized something about myself.

I'm human-centric.

Everything I write about, draw, or paint is on a human level. My characters are human. Their problems are human. I paint humans. I draw humans. And even if there isn't a human in it, everything is still based on a human artifact.

I wonder if it is a good or bad thing. I wonder if it means my imagination is limited. I wonder if there's something that I'm missing.

And I read stories like this and wish I had written something as cool. And wonder if I will ever have a view point like hers.

Does anyone else ever encounter people with different ways of seeing things and just wish you could share that same vision?

No comments: