Friday, December 01, 2006

I Invented Pizza...

I keep getting email purportedly telling me things I don't know. For the past several years I've gotten the "Mars will look as big as the Moon" email hoax. But the latest one is telling me 50 things I don't know.

I admit to a couple of facts on there I didn't know. But apparently neither did the person who wrote them. Two of my favorites are about dragonflies and scissors.

One of them said dragonflies only live for 24 hours. I thought hmm, interesting, I'll check it out. It turns out that they live for several months and the shortest lived among them, live several weeks, even if you only take into account their adult stage.

The other one said that scissors were invented by Leonardo Da Vinci. The only way this could be true is if Leonardo was extremely long lived, (let's just say he would put Methuselah to shame,) and was probably Egyptian.

But the email was correct about a few things. I did learn things I didn't know, or at least relearned them. If you get an email telling you things, check the facts and try to remember to do it before you send it to all your friends.

No comments: