Thursday, November 30, 2006

First Snow

Last night Was the first snow of the season. I was up later than usual, about four in the morning, and the wind was howling, making ghost sounds through the sliding doors, and I had to take a look outside. Snow was blowing everywhere. It was the first snow storm of the year!

I gathered up my gear attaching both cameras to tripods and placing plastic bags over each to protect them from melting snow flakes. Then I put on my boots and threw on a coat and went outside to brave a night so cold it set a new record, to take photos.

This photograph makes it look calm and peaceful. But, by the time I was done, I couldn't feel my hands and I looked like my closest relative's first name was Frosty.

(Feel free to click on the picture to view a larger version.)

No comments: