Sunday, November 02, 2008

NaNoWriMo

This year I've decided to do NaNoWriMo. You might ask what that is, and technically it stands for National Novel Writing Month, but the real definition is How To Drive Yourself Crazy For 30 Days.

The goal is to write 50,000 words in one month. That breaks down to about 1600 words a day. So far this is day two and I've barely written over a thousand.

Yes, I'm behind.

No, I'm not going to just write crap to fill a quota.

So why did I sign up to do something that I might not even finish?

I've been rewriting my other novel for about a year now and am almost to the end. I have about 75 pages to go. But I'm also burning out on it, and need a break.

I need to get my brain thinking new ideas and images. With a rewrite, you don't change much of what actually happens in a book, just make it clearer, and sound better to read.

And, I want to see if I can write 50,000 meaningful coherent words in one month.

And I'm crazy.

If you want to be crazy too, feel free to join!

----------------
Now playing: Tom Waits - Make It Rain
via FoxyTunes

No comments: