Thursday, October 05, 2006

Minty Upchuck

I am not fond of mint. I can't pinpoint it exactly but there's something about its overpowering sharpness that I just can't stand.

Years ago I went on a quest to find a toothpaste that didn't have some form of mint in it. I went to supermarkets, department stores, ethnic stores and health stores, and I finally found a toothpaste I can take. I use Tom's of Maine fennel toothpaste, yes I know it sounds weird, but it gives your mouth the same fresh feeling without the burning of your gums.

Another thing I can't stand about mint is that everyone who chews mint gum thinks that their breath doesn't stink anymore. Well, your wrong. All the mint does is make your breath smell like your last meal mixed with saliva and mint.

And is it just me or does it seem that some people who chew mint gum start to breathe more heavily? Maybe I'm sensitive to it, but if you're chewing mint gum take it out before you talk. While you're speaking the only thing I can think about is your teeth mashing this stiff sticky substance together slowly mixing your spit into it to extract a flavor that makes me nauseous.

No comments: